Nov 1, 2011

Welcome To My Cubicle

His name is Ernie. We've recently become best friends, due to all of the time we spend together. Let me introduce you to him. Ernie is my desk, but he likes it when I call him "my cubicle". He resides right under my bed, right next to my bookcase and wall of photos. You can find all of these things right under my bed, because there is no where else for them to go. Hence, "my cubicle". Luckily for me, when I sit at my cubicle, right in front of me is a large window. Her name is Jess. Sometimes we get along, sometimes we don't. She likes to mock me with the sun when I wake up, and by the time I get home from school the sky is full of clouds.
I used to have other friends, until recently. Now I just have Ernie and Jess to keep me company during the day...and night...and afternoon...and early mornings. They don't talk much, but I know they care. Unfortunately the love we share isn't going to last long. Yesterday I received an email saying people are coming to move my bed and desk away from Jess because it is a fire hazard. Now there will be bunk beds in my room, and only one desk-which means they will take Ernie out of my life completely. This is not ok. In fact, I am outraged.
My teachers must know how I feel, because they have given me lots of extra time to spend with Ernie and Jess. When I'm not in class, all I ever do is spend time with them. My desk. My window.
I know what you're thinking. Go make new friends...new friends like the sun, and grass, and parks. Well, I would...and I did in the past, but now I have a bully. His name is Wind. Wind puts dirt in my eyes and tosses my papers around campus. He's pretty mean. So in the mean time I'll just stick to Ernie and Jess; it's a lot safer. Plus, I've been hearing around school that pretty soon Wind and Snow are pairing up to make everyones' lives miserable.

P.S. I grew a mustache

No comments: