My newest obsession? Hawaii.
I feel like there is no explanation needed, yet I want to explain myself. Saturday night I went and saw the movie Soul Surfer. Back in 2004, I read the book and it amazed me. Then Saturday, I went and saw the movie and was pretty much blown away. Bethany Hamilton's story is so inspirational. Obviously there are hundreds of others out there who have stories just as inspirational as hers, but still....hers is pretty legit. If you don't know what I'm talking about then let me enlighten your little minds. Bethany was 13 years old when she was surfing and her arm got bit off by a shark. Three weeks later she got back into the water and a year after that she won nationals. Now she is a pro surfer.
What does this have to do with Hawaii? Well, she is from Hawaii, and the movie takes place in Kaui. So of course it's beautiful. And the day before I saw the movie, I watched Lilo and Stitch. Which also takes places in Hawaii...and don't be fooled by the animation. It was real in my mind. So I've really been wanting to go to Hawaii. To sit on the beach and relax. To develope this love for the ocean. As of right now, I'm not a huge fan of water-lakes, ocean, sometimes pools, ect. My goal for the summer and the rest of my life is to fall deeply in love with the ocean and to realize that if Bethany can get her arm bit of and then still get back in the water, then I can get in the water and learn to love it. Plus now I want to learn to surf. At least try it-it's going on my bucket list.
Since Bethany got her arm bitten off, she had to get back in shape if she wanted to become a pro surfer. The movie literally made me want to work out and never stop. This has become a new obsession as well. I will probably just have to keep watching the movie to become inspired all over again to stay in shape though. We'll see how this pans out.
No comments:
Post a Comment