Aug 7, 2010

I've Played This Game Before


One word: Summer

Everyone, and I mean everyone thinks that word will somehow change their life forever. And in a way it can, but mostly it's not true. I mean first of all, you only have 2 months. It's not like your whole life/personality/looks are gonna change in 2 months. Unless your some exception. Some brilliant girl or boy we all wanna be. Then kudos to you special blogger. Kudos to you. But for the rest of us, nothing amazing happens. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on summer. In fact, I love summer. Who doesn't love 2 months with absolutely no reason to keep your brain turned on, or no hw, no school, no annoying teachers telling you what's right and what is wrong? Can you raise your hands and say "I do!" Because trust me, my hand will be right up there with yours.

Now we all have the summer plan right? Everyone finishes school with a plan in their little minds about what their marvelous summer will be like. Some of the following include:
1. Lose more weight
2. Eat healthier
3. Go running everyday
4. Find a boyfriend
5. Get that kiss
6. Read 20 books
Now, that's just a small plan with big ambitions. And no, it's not my plan, though a couple of my ideas are in there. I mean we all start out running the first couple of days, then that dies unless your on track/cross country. And read 20 books? Really? Did you pick up the "have no life" card before school ended? Sound cruel? I know I do, but it's the honest to honest truth. Sure you go on some wicked vacations. Yes, maybe you rode a jetski for the first time, or you did get that kiss, but that's only one part of summer.

For me, a wicked awesome summer would be a couple family vacations here and there. But everyday with my friends. River one day, lake the next. Maybe a road trip to California, or I did find that, and I quote, "perfect guy". That would be a summer remembering. Or something tragic happens. Like you were getting chased down by some drunk murderer and had to steal some rich guy's car so you could escape safely. Now that right there is a story worth taking back to school. But as for me, my summer included this: work, making money, a little shopping, some family trips, never hung out with friends because I was always on family trips, and one road trip to the cabin with the bestie. See? Not the most amazing summer ever. In fact, it's about the same as everyone else's summer. So let me know readers. What did you do that was so insane this summer, that it deserves the whole blogging world to know about?

The comment box is below

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would have to say...you are just about as hopelessly romantic as I am!!!! It all started when we learned the song summer lovin from grease. Stupid john travolta...psh. I shouldn't complain though because even though this summer was as dry as a poetry slam....I have had some amazing summers....in the end though I think you have to take in to account the small things that did happen and remember them as some of your warmest memories to keep you comfort during the cold hard days of school. I mean lets make a list here
1. we went horse backriding/epic all nighters/crazy dance parties/and popcorn fights. when we both have kids and this is no longer an option this is what we will talk about
2. you went to canada! you won't always get to do that. trust me...welcome to my 2010 summer...well and my 2009 summer.. work takes over and so does school....all the sudden you are thrust into the adult world and its sink or swim! so treasure the summer of complete playtime in canada.
3. You had an amazing last girls camp experience! You came home and talked about it for days! How fun! Plus you met some new girls! that may come in handy.
4. in a few months you will be off to college and those weekend trips to california with the family won't be an option anymore....i promise...you will miss the sibbs....so also a good summer experience!
5. you have a great job....you don't have to take care of screaming children and their messes. you get to sit in a cool air conditioned office and listen to music and do a little paper work here and there....CUSHY!! It could have been worse!
6.Summer romance. Well i am not gonna say it won't happen cause it does....but hey....winter romances are better cause its cuddle weather...so why are we all hooked on stupid two month summer romances? just curious. Hang in there your prince or hopefully ...your cowboy will come someday. I promise.

All in all I think you had a pretty good summer. Wow this comment is basically a post...but I got ranty and couldn't stop! Hhehehe sorry! <3

Alisha said...

bloggers: this is why she is my best friend!
Collett: you are abosolutely right. And....isn't ranting fun!?