Jun 19, 2010

! Hola !

MY BROTHER:

The reason I try harder to strive for something greater than what people expect of me. Most of you know he's on a mission in Leon, Iripuato, Mexico. He's been there for about 7 months and loves it to death. He has no air conditioning, walks all day, and just got rid of his awefull companion. So what is there to love? Earlier before he left, no one thought he would go. Especially me. I had no faith in him, I barely even spoke to him. Though, things change. And so does he. He took time to figure out what was most important in his life. He got rid of some friends, made better ones. And he threw all the crap out the door. I didn't want to believe it. I was selfish and mean. It took 4 months for me to understand that he truly was worthy to serve. And when I learned, it hit me hard. It also made me take a different look at life. I now have a ner perspective. I don't judge others as much as I did. When people are going through hard times I take the time to understand the situation instead of just assuming. The day he got set apart was the day I figured it out. God really does forgive us, even for the things we think He never could. But trust me, He does. And I've learned first hand. Now, I look up to my brother, I love to talk about him, to him. Before he left, a lot of people hated him for what he did. And even though he's out there serving the Lord, a lot of people still do hate him. But one less does. That's me. I love my brother now, but only because I figured out there was no reason to hate him. He is on the path, he's better than I am in most ways. He is my example and I love that freak. So for those of you who have had a past, a conflict, or just plain hate my brother like I used to. You should learn to forgive, because he is not the person he once was. He's so much better. Love ya Matt, don't come back a Mexican Canadian.



No comments: