Time goes by SO fast, that is all I can say. You get caught up in church, school, and sports, and everything else gets lost somewhere in between. If you haven't already heard the big news, I put in my mission papers and received my call last Friday. I have been called to serve in the Leeds, England mission! I report to the Preston, England MTC April 18th. I can't even believe it. When I read my call I felt like I was reading someone else's call. Your mind kind of goes numb and you can't even come up with an emotion to have. At least that's how I felt. I'm guessing most of you were surprised to hear I'm going on a mission let alone have a call already. My mom was pretty surprised. She knew I was putting my papers in soon, but had no idea they were already in. When you put your papers in, it takes about two weeks till you receive your call. So once the second week hit, I started stalking my mailbox (no better way to put it). Sometimes I knew the mail had already been picked up by someone at home, but I STILL checked. Once it came, I called up my mom and told her the big news. She screamed...I'm not sure for how long. The first scream left me a little deaf in one ear, or else I would be able to tell you. After giving myself a few days to think about my call I'm excited for it! I can't wait to get to England and start teaching people. Until I leave I'll just be working at Falcon Hill Elementary.
The next day....my brother got engaged!! Crazy week here at the Scott House. I am so excited for him and his fiance: Sarah Reynolds. I love them both and am so happy for them. They are planning on March 8th, but it's not set in stone. Luckily, I will get to be here for their wedding!
Christmas was so much fun. We had grandparents over and we saw our cousins. Sarah joined us for dinner and we all watched at least 3 movies that day. It was a great last Christmas before my mission.
No comments:
Post a Comment