Feb 2, 2012

This Is Not A Joke

Currently, my life is going well....I know, big shocker eh? Just joking...about the last part. So many of you don't know that I am training for a marathon. Now you know. As the title of this blog post states: This Is Not A Joke. Me and my good friend Shelby Adair are training together and will be attempting to run a marathon come either August or sometime after that. I'm ok with running; I actually don't mind running at all. It's just the running for 26.2 miles straight part that kind of scares me. Obviously my first attempt will be a half marathon, but even that seems insane to me. I have never done something like this ever...let me repeat that...EVER! So it will be a new and great experience for me. HA. I am excited though, to see how far I will get and to see how hard I will push myself. I'm on this diet where I can't eat white flour or fried foods or soda and less sugar...so basically anything delicious has got to go. Ok, not true. There are awesome things I can still eat and it's not really that difficult minus the whole don't eat white flour products part. I'm also loving the fact that I am really getting into shape. P90x and ab ripper every other day works people...let me tell you. Then the other days I run, and run some more. My body is sore and sometimes I randomly wander into my kitchen closet to grab the box of oreos, but I am stronger than that and so I put them back. So follow me through this awful yet satisfying endeavor as I try to run a marathon. HA.
That will be me!

No comments: