As you can see, its been a while since my last post but I've been more busy than usual so please forgive me. I work as a nanny and now as a special needs/aid at Falcon Hill Elementary. I'm just a substitute, but this substitute gets called in to work almost everyday. Rock on! It has gotten to the point of when the phone rings at 7:30 in the morning, we know it's the school calling for me. I love working with the autistic kids. They are so funny and bright. The things they say just make my day better. Here's a quick story.
One day we were working on the smart board and this Kane got up to answer a question. He's about 7 or 8 years old. Anyway, instead of picking up one of the pens to draw the line he put his finger on the board and saw that it worked just as well as any old pen. A little while later we were walking in line out to recess and I spy Kane lagging at the back dragging his finger on the wall. I slow my pace to be even with his and ask him what he's doing. Kane looks at me and says, "Miss Alisha I'm using my magic finger to draw on the walls." Then he gives me this look like figuring that out was a no brainer.
Besides working at a school, I've been busy deciding what to do for my schooling. I know I work with kids all the time...and mostly kids with special needs. I've been asked multiple times if I am majoring in something with special needs kids, or if I'm going to be a teacher. I'll admit I'm good with kids and I love working with kids. I just don't know if being a teacher is what I really want to do. I'm still looking into it....BUT...I am thinking about only completing one year at BYU-Idaho and then coming back to finish school in Arizona. There is nothing wrong with the school, I've just loved being home over this break and feel that I should be in AZ. Other reasons are also involved.
I have two weddings to come down for in May! One right after another....it's so exciting! I love when your best friends get engaged. There have been weddings and engagements galore it seems like lately. And there have been farewells every Sunday too. I guess I'm just at that age where it feels like everyone is either becoming engaged/dating/leaving on a mission, while I don't even know what I'm majoring in or what school I'm going to go to in the fall. Oh well...I've had worse things happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment