Jan 15, 2012

And They're Off

The boys of my graduating class are starting to depart for their missions. The first of my friends to go was Drew Hooper. He is busy in Spain teaching the gospel and being as handsome as always. Heck, who am I kidding...all my guy friends are handsome! Today I went to Aaron Toone's wonderful farewell. Can I just say that the spirit was so strong during his talk? He had the whole congregation crying. His talk was about how he had been preparing for his mission since he was little and how the people in his life also helped him get to where he is today: New York, New York Mandarin Chinese speaking mission! I can't wait till he gets back to hear him speak in his new learned language. He will be a great missionary and will change so many lives. I'm proud of the boys I know and the choices they are making at such a young age. Over the next few weeks I will have the opportunity to attend many more farewell talks that include Eric Hill: Bulgaria mission, Daniel Free: Florida mission, and Lane Sanders: Busan, Korea mission. All these boys are going to be amazing and I'm so proud of them all!

"What we need now is the greatest generation of missionaries in the history of the Church. We need worthy, qualified, spiritually energized missionaries who, like Helaman's 2,000 stripling warriors, are 'exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity' and who are 'true at all times in whatsoever thing they [are] entrusted'"
-Elder Russel M. Ballard-

No comments: