Dec 31, 2011

The World Is Ending: 2012

I wish I could say my life right now was exciting. I wish I could say I was accomplishing goals or that most of days are spent being productive. I wish I was happier with 2011 and I wish I was looking forward to 2012.
Wishing is what I have been up to lately. Wishing I was better looking, that I could sing, that school would come quicker, that I could find a job. Wishing I lived with my friends, that I was fit and in shape, that I was stronger in the gospel, that he loved me back.
Why do we do this? I know I'm not the only one. It gets us nowhere.
I'm not proud of 2011. Sure I graduated, got myself into a decent college and past the first semester. That was stuff I was expected to accomplish, that I knew I would easily do. The fact of the matter is, I did nothing that I actually wanted to do. I made plans and goals but never followed through. So where am I now? Stuck at home...looking for a job, before I leave for school. Deja vu?
At the beginning of the new year we all make goals and somewhat accomplish them. We become caught up with other things and life hits us square on. But believe me when I say this year will be different. I have a plan...it's called "following through". Make a goal, make a plan..."follow through". So here are those goals I will be following through with:

1. Take singing lessons
2. Get straight A's...(1 B is allowed)
3. Find a job and make myself love it
4. Spend some time in another country...other than Canada.
5. Decide on a major
6. Read at least 2 books a month
7. Run/Workout at least 3 times a week
8. Read my scriptures every night
9. Visit New York or Hawaii (has yet to be decided)
10. Perfect the art of making creme brule
11. Get a boyfriend...why not?

I will let you all know how my goals are coming along. Especially the 'spend some time in another country' one. This means going to Ecquador or someplace and working with kids. And as for the Hawaii or New York, my dad said he would take us anywhere in the U.S. of our choosing so we will see when that goes down. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: