Sep 4, 2011

Finally Here

Wow. What a last week it has been! Time has flown by, everything has been packed, and I'm starting to not want to leave. The only thing I can compare this to is graduation. As the time comes closer for all the seniors to graduate, everyone starts being friendlier and kinder to their classmates. You are all suddenly great friends. Leaving for college is sort of like that. People are seem interested in my life, old friends suddenly want to catch up, and the family asks you for your opinion more times than they used to. Being closer to everyone makes you a little sad to leave. Of course, I'll be back (and NO, not with a husband...dad). I'll be back in 4 short months. When I arrive, my dear Mexican brother will be here waiting for me. Or, he'll extend his mission and we will get home on the same day! Either way, seeing him will be exciting.
I am so stoked to meet my roommates. Stephanie and Jessica. From Oregon and Kansas. Not sure which state goes with what roommate, but either way they are bound to be awesome! And then there is Makayla. My roommate. She does hair. We will be great friends. I'm excited to start school and start classes. Meeting new people will be the best part of it. I can't lie though, I've been having second thoughts about my major recently. I've had it pinned down to Health Science. Study anatomy and nutrition and more science....interesting and fun. But recently, and especially after seeing this blog: The Wiegand's I have wanted to maybe major in art? Maybe. She is a great artist, never even taken a class and she has opened her own art shop for kids! How cool is that? She works with charcoal, sand, pasteles, and paint. Lots of deco-art. I've only worked with charcoal. Never really experimented with different stuff before and its got me curious as to what I could come up with. I'll let you know once I've figured it out. I need to be realistic though with what I major in. Art-probably not the best for me. I'm good, but I'm not that great. My friend Allison is majoring in art, but she is literally.amazing. Maybe I will major in Health Science and then open my own art shop instead. That sounds fabulous. I've also decided I'm minoring in photography. This will not be changing. Expensive as it is, it is something I can do for years to come and I am totally stoked.
Today my little brother JT (he's 9) got up to bear his testimony. He said the normal things most little kids say when they get up: "They believe in the prophet, they love their family". But then he surprised the whole ward. He said he was glad I was leaving for college!!! Everyone knew he meant proud...but still, it didn't keep everyone from laughing. I figured my dad put him up to it, but turns out he didn't. My little brother did that all on his own. He's a good kid, and I'm gonna miss his cute face.
Well, wish me luck bloggers, and happy blogging!
P.S. The world is ending, I have gotten texting!


No comments: