Aug 10, 2011

The Summer Everything Went Down

Summer is still not over, for me at least. All the elementary to highschoolers are back of course, but me...I'm still at home patiently waiting for the final day to arrive when I pack up my things and depart from the hotness of Arizona to the much cooler air of Rexburg. It's weird to me. Saying Rexburg. Rexburg. Rexburg, Idaho. Whoever thought I would be living there? Not me. Things change though and some decisions are made for reasons unknown. Idaho is cheap, yes. Idaho is somewhere new, yes. Idaho has cooler weather, yes. I think that about covers the reasons I'm going. Oh, we can also add that I didn't get into Provo. I'm sure Idaho and I will soon become close friends, but I won't be staying there for time and all eternity or till death do us part.
Anyway, I still have a month of summer left. This time will be spent finishing up last minute things and earning as much money as I can and of course enjoying the free time I have left. But if I was really honest with myself, I wish I was already at school. Patience is a virtue, I know.
This summer was a crazy one though. Almost everything that could have happened....happened. Almost. Let's start from the top. I missed the California trip with my family, got fired from my job, almost lost my two best friends, accidentally set a fire in my backyard, fell down a mountain, got attacked by red ants, got peed on by a baby, and went through the aweful process of college registration.
It wasn't all bad though. I also saw Bailey from Utah twice, was able to attend the family reuion, go to Canada, found my future home (this is a serious thing), learned what really mattered in life, skate at the Olympic Oval, go out to lunch with friends, and spend an entire amazing two days with my 5 best friends from elementary on our cabin trip.
Summer has been up and down, and I'm grateful for this summer but also very glad to see it be ending soon.
Pictures? Yes!

 Calgary city
 Me eating with Bailey at J-Dogs my BYU
 Family reunion anual kickball game
 Calgary, Alberta Canada Temple

 Spencer at the Calgary Tower
 Annual picknick in Banff
 Mountain Biking at the Canada Olympic Park
 By the resevoir in Calgary
 Spencer and I lost in the forrest at Banff

Ice cream social in Utah at the reunion
 Banff hotel

 Closest shot in the middle of the can wins a blizzard. My can was the purple one. Obviously I won
 Cabin trip with my girls!!!

The five of us have been best friends since the second grade. We are awesome.

No comments: