Dec 14, 2010

Let's go swimming!

Shall we take a walk around the neighborhood and after word take a jump in the pool? It's hot enough for it!! I made a goal to never wear a jacket this winter to thicken my blood for Idaho. Guess what? I've done it so far. The odds are for me this time I guess. I can deal with 40 degrees with no jacket...unlike my mom who wears gloves and a jacket and a hat...crazy woman. Pretty much anywhere besides Arizona is cold, so I might as well get used to it while I can. Other than it being kind of hot, I love the weather. It is nice just wearing t-shirts to school with my hair up or down. I'm pretty positive if I could wear my pj's to school I would. Another plus, school has 2 days of classes left!! I am going insane. But, it's not like it's summer. It will only last a couple of weeks. But it will be fun, none the less.

So here's what has really been on my mind. It does not feel like Christmas...partly because it's warm outside, or because I never listen to Christmas songs, or just cause my mom has changed a lot of things. Or maybe because I don't really want anything for Christmas and don't know what to expect. It could also be the fact that my best friend leaves five days after Christmas. Whatever it is, it's not Christmas. I realize next year I will be gone until just a few days before Christmas, and I will miss all the gingerbread making with my family and the crazy stories at the end of the day...so i am trying to get the most out of this Christmas, but it's just not working.

Finals...are a pain, but I've decided to stop freaking out over them. They are just dumb and if you don't do well on them then it's not that you didn't know the material, it's just that you forgot. That's how I look at it.

Next year. I am thinking that I have really bad sernioritis, but lately it's been more about staying here. Of course I'm not going to STAY HERE....because I realize I need to move out and grow up sometime, so I say do it when everyone else does it...so you're not alone. So I am going to Idaho, moving out. But it will be so different. I will never go to Mt. View again for school, I will never drive down Brown Rd. everyday like I have been doing for 10 years now. I will be on roads I've never driven on, never even seen. I've never been to Idaho! But it will be scary and I won't know anyone. But I'm usually good at picking someone out from the crowd that looks nice and soon we become good friends. If they are alone like me. :) I'm just a little worried that I will be homesick and so I'll come home and my dad will say "I told you so!" But I'll tough it out. I'll make new friends, and like I said...you gotta grow up sometime! So....anyone going to Idaho?

5 comments:

samyoung said...

You seriously havent worn a jacket!? yeah i guess thats right...you didnt even wear one ice skating! Oooh man good times. Ok, i have to agree 100%. Ive been trying to get all christmasy but i just cant! I dont want anything for christmas and I dont know what to expect.
Finals. Moving on.
Ok...i kind of got homesick just reading that last paragraph. Dangit! But its like 8 and a half months till we leave! Thats like nothing till we have to live on our own. We will still hang out sometimes though! it will just be a little harder :)

Unknown said...

I don't know what is wrong with the both of you! I feel totally Decked out for Christmas! I feel it! I mean come on the snow birds are here the songs are everywhere the Christmas spirit is here...I made five dozen sugar cookies last week.....Put on a jacket sing Silent night and go to the temple lights! Drink hot Chocolate even though you don't need to. It helps.

samyoung said...

Ive done all that! It is actually really frustrating. Cuz im usually the most christmasy person at my house. Man! Oh i heard about the sugar cookies! That sounded fun. Maybe i just need to see snow. Or go sledding. Something!

P.S. Yeah. I read your blog. Have fun buying toilet paper in bulk!

Alisha said...

I just realized the picture of that santa was black. not that it matters hahaha-just a fact

Greco Family said...

I moved to AZ without knowing a single soul! It was a blast and turned out well for me. You'll do great and love it up there.