Aug 24, 2012

No One Likes Leftovers...

Sometimes I find it fun to go back and re-read your old blog posts...just to see what you wrote and how you wrote it. Looking back, I realized I had a lot of goals planned for this year. I completed some of them...like work out 3 times every week, read my scriptures, get good grades, stuff like that; but there are others that were left in the dust. Just last October I had my mind set on transfering to BYU Provo. In my blog post I had said I "knew it was where I was meant to be". It's been almost a year later and I am still at BYU-Idaho, and I KNOW that is where I am meant to be. Another goal I had was to leave the country this year...which could have been accomplished if I actually went to China like I was supposed to. I felt like I needed to stay in school so that is what I am doing...no issues there. My plan is to go to China next fall when I'm more into my major and have some money saved up. The last goal/plan I found surprising was that I wanted to move back to Arizona and attend MCC and then go onto NAU. The shocker of this was that I had planned this whole thing out in MAY-as in 3 months ago. Obviously I'm pretty devoted to BYU-I, and that is where I will be staying.
Things change, life moves forward, and you never know what to expect. I'm glad for the choices I've made and I hope my future plans work out how they are supposed to.

Plans for the coming year:

  • Come back home in Dec. and work in AZ or maybe be an Au Pair nanny
  • Go to New York in March with my dad
  • Stay at BYU-I and continue my major in special education
  • Go to China in the fall with ILP
  • Think more seriously about a mission

No comments: