Jul 7, 2012

Rollin Till The End

It's finally the end of the semester: the final two weeks. It really is crazy how fast it has gone by. I can't believe the things I've done in 4 short months and how it only feels like the semester just started. Since my last post things have gone great. My concussion healed and I was able to play our last soccer game. We lost, but the season was so fun and I met so many great girls to care. I have tons of new friends for the fall and am planning on playing again, or being an assistant coach. I currently live in Nauvoo apartments and love it, but I want to room with my best friend more and so I will be moving to La Jolla apartments for the fall. I will be going back to walking long distances for school and paying for laundry, but I think it will be worth it. I'm really excited for fall. As most of you know I was supposed to be going to Zongshan, China to teach English at the Kayiv school to elementary students...but by great faith (seriously) and sincere prayer, I felt fall was not the time to leave the country and decided to postpone my trip. So...what will fall bring by me staying?? This is why I am excited for fall. I've also met a lot of great people this semester that I'm not ready to say goodbye to: one of those people being Bri. Coincidentally, she was supposed to be leaving in the fall like me, but things changed and now she's not. For July 4th I went out of town and traveled a couple hours to Rupert, ID...don't blink or you'll miss it. I went with a group of friends and it was the best 2 days of the semester. We got to Rupert late Tuesday night and didn't end up going to bed till 2 (but since Bri and I were sharing not only a room, but a bed we didn't fall asleep until 4)....figures. Luckily for us, we only had to wake up in 2 hours to run a 5k! And to tell you the truth, we rocked that 5k! Bri was injured but ran the entire way, and I got 4th place for the women. After that we went back to our friend Darek's house and got ready for a parade. His older brother is trying to promote his dentist business so Bri and I helped by holding the banner in the parade and passing out toothbrushes to the kids. It was insane...those kids LOVE their toothbrushes. Then, we went to Landon's house and went tubing on the river right behind his house. We watched movies, had a barbecue, played games, watched fireworks, and just relaxed. The view was gorgeous wherever we went. Idaho truly is a beautiful place during the spring. My friend Adriana took pictures so they will come soon. Now we are back to school and finishing these last two weeks and then I will be home working at the elementary school again. I'm excited to go home and see my family and my friends, but I'm also glad to be coming back to Idaho in the fall.

No comments: