May 25, 2011

Put That On Yahoo

The news can be dumb. The internet can be dumber.

Let's take Yahoo! for example. After I sign out of my mail account it comes to the Yahoo! homepage. You know those little news clip thingys that slide by? They are on the dumbest things. Like how this one girl went from middle class to living in her car, or what foods aren't good for you, or who won American Idol ( I know I'll get some stink eye for that)....but really? Who cares? Is this news we hear about that imporant? I would rather know what was going on with the rest of the world than who won American Idol. But this is the crap the news stations feed us, that the internet slidy thingys feed us. They tell us who was on the red carpet and what they wore. They tell us what Lindsey Lohan did this time, and why Charlie Sheen is an idiot. Why do we care about this stuff? Why should we? No one cares what goes on in their lives, at least I don't. It's a waste of time to read those magazines or watch those channels. Who cares who hooked up with who and no, you shouldn't be 16 and pregnant. I bet you feel special to have your own TV show about it though huh? The stuff we watch, and read, and listen to is aweful. It is meaningless. We learn nothing, we gain nothing, we accomplish nothing!
Get rid of pathetic MTV shows and put music on there-what it was meant to be in the first place. Make CNN and FOX news something people actually want to watch, and how many "reality" TV shows do we really need? At least sports center is still decent. Put more shows on that teach us new skills and talents. One of my favorite channels is the food channel because I learn to make new things! Keep letter writing, get rid of facebook. Ditch absurd magazines and maybe more people will read a newspaper. Call me old fashioned but heck I'll take it as a compliment. Seriously sit and contemplate the things we see everyday and take note of how much of it actually matters.
Tomorrow I graduate from high school along with 800 other classmates and many other highschools around Arizona and the country. Why don't you put that on Yahoo!

No comments: