Sep 5, 2010

Teach Me

So this weekend I spent my time at Collett's house. And Saturday night we partied it up, with the 3 cutest kids ever! We babysat her two neices and a little boy named Ryder who lives down the street. And they are so adorable. I am so in love with them, literally. Not as much Ryder, because I've only met him once, but Scarlett and Zoe are so cute. I don't have any neices or nephews of my own, and I have little cousins but I never see them. So these two girls pretty much rock my world, and they don't belong to me in any way, shape, or form. No relation whatsoever. And that kinda sucks, but at least I know them! Now like all little kids, they have their cranky days, which seem to be more than their happy days, but either way they are clearly very, very loveable. Last night, Scarlett and Ryder were running around the house chasing eachother. Now Ryder is 4, and i want to say Scarlett is about 3. And Zoe is 2. Anyway, they were chasing eacthother with their balloons, and Scarlett takes a detor and runs over to me to trick Ryder. When she collapses on my lap she holds her finger up to her lips and says "shhh" just as Ryder runs right past her. She laughs and startes to chase him again. Now isn't that the cutest thing? Other times the girls will just run up to you and give you the biggest hug, and I've never really seen either of them dance, but the things I've heard.
Zoe:

Scarlett:



All in all, these girls are the best, and I am so jealous of Collett. Another thing I found out I loved this weekend was Lorie Line. She is an amazing pianist and composer and I love her music. Collett and I played most of the Sunday away. Lorie Line's music is comforting and peaceful and soooooo pretty. Now I'm gonna have to go buy all of her books.



I've also realized that I have never seen any of the classic movies. The good ones. The ones that make you laugh, cry, and never forget the lines. These include:
1. Clueless
2. Grease
3. You've Got Mail
And many, many others. I'm so lucky to have a friend who is willing to share what I've been missing. Awesomeness on a screen!


Now that I think about it, I've been trapped. Trapped in my home with no knowledge of all the awesome things out there. Until I met Collett I had not heard of Lorie Line, Clueless, Kate Nash, Ingrid Michaelson, all those amazingly hott actors that don't have huge roles but are so amazingly hott. :), a bunch of fabulous stores, how to really online shop, what icecream was really made for, and that socks are for sluts. I was sheltered! hahahahahaha (It really is funny and I love it)

So I learned ton this weekend! Obviouslt I had fun..I mean DUH! And I also learned how important sleep is, and how much I value it. But that's a different story. :)

No comments: